Mesh/30 October 2018
7,864 bytes added
21:10, 30 October 2018
We talked about these things
'''People's Open Network Weekly Meeting - 30 October 2018 7:30pm-9pm'''
=== Agenda ===
* Introductions and Meeting Roles (10 mins)
* Check in on previous action items (5 mins)
* Updates & Reportbacks (20 mins)
* Next Sunday (5 mins)
* Proposal X: (15 mins)
* Discussion Y: (15 mins)
* Discussion Z (15 mins)
* Action Items (5 mins)
* Breakout Groups
=== Introductions ===
Introduce yourself: Name; Preferred Pronoun; Icebreaker Response; BRIEF Announcements
* Icebreaker question: favorite icebreaker question/activity
* null - him/her - favorite icebreaker question is my favorite flavor of ice cream
* mai - she/they - i like ones involving favorite memories: favorite summer, or comfort item
* jenny - she/her - involved talking to the person next to you for 2 minutes and then you have to introduce them
* seth-he/they- does drinking alcohol count?
* ben (eenblam) - he/they - dunno if it'd be right for PON since we see each other every week, but 2 truths and a lie
* juul - he/him - why am i all alone in here?
* scott - he/him - describe a time when you were most happy
* benny - he/him - something you wish all your friends knew about you
* lesley - she/they/he - it's a hard question. I like, 'what is your final form?' although that's an extra hard question :p
== announcements ==
* mai: have an extra ticket for devsummit if someone wants to go - If so let me know via RC
* ben: in touch with Rudy from Monkeybrains about getting donated bandwidth, will text him tomorrow.
=== Meeting Roles ===
* Facilitator/s: ben eenblam
* Stacktaker: benny
* Notetaker/s: jenny, mai, swth
** URL of this pad: https://peoplesopen.net/notes
== Check in on previous action items ==
Check previous meeting minutes at https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Minutes and past action items below:
* e-mail yar about tcp activities (benny)
* Reach out to insurance broker recommended by Jesse - Jehan
** jenny - I'll pick it back up and rope in Jehan, too
* e-mail some spaces about richmond tower link (benny)
** didn't get to it
** seth is getting good at Google Earth; might be cool if we could *show* places that can see it
* talk to marc about richmond tower server hardware (benny)
** juul says we don't have anything fancy to put there, but we do have some old servers we could use
** question for juul: what would be the ideal hardware we would want to put there? then: let's propose that to jonah and ask if he has anything similar--last time he came here, he said he probably had some hardware he would like to donate to us. in general jonah sounds super willing to help and collaborate--I think we should take him up on his energy in that regard. e.g. if we tell him at a high level what we want to happen there (e.g. run an exitnode) he might have good ideas. could have a breakout group to discuss our vision?
** benny: what would do with a server there?
*** scott: should we be able to have users share space on it?
*** benny: maybe we should just use this hardware for things in which the location is more important
*** eenblam: we should at least get an exitnode on there and random project hosting
*** juul: what if we had scuttlebutt & DAT on ithttps://www.reddit.com/r/all/
* create text for byoi eventbrite (mai)
** haven't done it yet (~_~) going to be gone for a lot of November, would like to hand it off
** benny - I can pick it up
== Updates & Reportbacks ==
=== Bugs/Technical ===
Priority bugs we need help with are located at: http://peoplesopen.net/helpwanted - For a high-level overview of recent Github activity, see the Trello: https://trello.com/invite/b/r9l5ouQ4/3b2eecd83bb9e7a57a339cf1ee038288/sudo-mesh-github-repos
* benny: grant made lots of progress replacing psychz exitnode with less expensive digital ocean droplet. currently blocked by:
** blocker: need to repoint disaster.radio to a new DO ip address. Who owns the DNS entry? Juul?
=== Node Mounts & Outreach ===
Node Mounts Trello: https://trello.com/invite/b/DtzngKaM/49e1c21fc9da199fcdeceb8623b5117a/node-mounts
* benny: seth researched LOS to richmond from urban ore
* Follow up with Paxio?
* Archive mount
** ben: let's ask for rackspace
** juul: Would be really cool to peer with the archive, especially as a backup repo of content in the event of Internet going down
*** robb: hell ya!
** dedicating software working group this Thursday to further discussion - 5pm Thursday
** clear LOS from tower to urban ore based on google earth estimates
** discussed reconnecting w/ peef
* request for internets at Village's new site - Edes & Elmhurst
** juul: was going to write a proposal for Calyx subscription - $500/year, put it all in a box and secure it really well and have a mobile source of bandwidth w/ solar panel & battery!
*** widespread support for this idea
* Lesley - will test hardware for Jason. Maybe schedule weekend after next? Also, maybe we should upgrade currently scheduled hardware - he will soon have a fiber gigabit connection, so maybe get new equipment with higher throughput? In whihc case, installation would be delayed
** ben - e.g. a rocket for Benvenue. @lesley feel free to hit me up if you want to coordinate
*** lesley - sure! I was thinking this weekend or next. I need to confirm with Jason though.
*** ben - I'm out of town this weekend, but could work on gear next week and start hitting Benvenue folks up this week.
=== Communications & Events ===
Comms Trello: https://trello.com/invite/b/f3ugMPNU/94033ee6c2cef93fc1b1637b727c902a/sudo-mesh-communications // Events Trello: https://trello.com/invite/b/Y3XfDK85/2b6fcb4fa92788609692a53a96fb4614/peoples-open-events
* jenny - aaron swartz hackathon - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/aaron-swartz-day-international-hackathon-evening-event-2018-tickets-49082111918
* trip to visit grant's puppet show on wednesday eve! https://www.drivewayfollies.com/ 3854 greenwood ave
=== Internal Logistics / Finance ===
Internal Logistics & Bureaucracy Trello: https://trello.com/invite/b/LzVQlW3X/1bb8bd543c8633688175365d2554c2c2/internal-logistics-bureaucracy-brainstorms
* jenny - deadline for disaster.radio grant work is coming up on Friday - probably going to be hackin on it thurs night
== Next Sunday ==
=== Node Mount ===
We try to arrange a rooftop node mount every Sunday afternoon. Ongoing spreadsheet is located at: https://peoplesopen.net/sundays
* Next Sunday's mount: to be determined?
=== Office Hours ===
We host office hours every Sunday from 1-2pm in Sudo Room. To sign up for a shift, fill in your name here: https://ethercalc.org/byoi_office_hours
* Next Sunday's volunteer: Seth
* Notes from this past Sunday's session: x
== Action Items ==
* Get in touch with MonkeyBrains about donated bandwidth (ben)
* Working group to meet and plan out routing config for Archive mount on thursday 5-7
** juul, benny, null, mai, jenny, eenblam, grant, lesley
** send e-mail about richmond tower working group meeting (mai)
* create text for byoi eventbrite (benny)
* create poster for byoi event (benny)
* combine "node mount" and "office hours" sections in notes template (benny)
== Breakout Groups ==
At the end of the meeting, break out into small groups to hack on or discuss specific topics.
== Last Meeting Notes ==
* link to previous meeting minutes
== End of Meeting ==
* please archive these meeting notes by copying the entire pad contents onto the sudomesh wiki with the correct date format: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/30_October_2018
* then please erase the contents of this pad
* then please cut & paste a blank template from here: https://sudoroom.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Mesh/Mesh_Meeting_Notes_Template&action=edit
* previous meeting notes are archived here: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Minutes
Retrieved from "
Oakland, CA 94609