Meeting Notes 2015-10-21
Sudo Room Meeting 2015-10-21
Facilitator(s): Matthew Scribe(s): patxu
Merry: prospective member
PROMPT: There are no wrong answers
- Would you like to briefly introduce yourself?
- Merry is coordinating an electronic music meetup sunday nights here 5-7 ish. keep it loose, meet others interested in electronic music production, interested in fostering community.
- How did you find sudo room?
- cyberwizard institute, also performed in the Women's Variety Show (drummer in her band)
- Why do you want to be a sudo room member?
- I like hackerspaces. The vibe, the energy. I get a lot done in hackerspaces. 24 hour access is a big plus
- What do you want to hack or learn at sudo room?
- I'm really open right now. Main intention to build community, which can be channeled into different activities. Cryptography and internet security. organizing community events to share music. Building own instruments
- What do you want to share with or teach at sudo room?
- (see above)
- What's your plan to abolish sexual violence, police brutality and white supremacy? in 10 words or less
- I think social media is a very powerful tool to make change.
- What's your plan to end the anthropocene extinction, world hunger, global warming and global inequality? in 10 words or less
- We could talk about that later.
- What's your plan to ensure freedom and privacy of communication for all? in 10 words or less
- individual responsibility.
- What do you know about sudo room's values?
- i think you guys sort of adopted the same values as noisebridge, which is "to be excellent to each other," and "don't cause any drama inside the hackerspace."
- What do you know about sudo room's history?
- you guys started in a small space on broadway. Then moved here (omni) 2 or 3 years ago and then began being a Collective.
- What do you know about the Omni Commons' statement of solidarity?
- I think i need to do more reading about that, but I would be happy to.
- What do you know about the Omni Commons' safer space policy?
- this should be a safe space for all, abiding by the rules of everyone being excellent. Members have the right to ask non-members to leave at any time.
- Have you ever been banned from a hackerspace or any other collective?
- Are you a cop?
- An informant?
- A federal agent?
- An undercover cop?
- An undercover cat?
- What makes you happy?