Date(s) - 2017/03/01
7:00 pm - 10:30 pm
The sudo room five minutes of fame is a social event where a bunch of folks meet up and munch on snacks while some folks make short 5 minute presentations about projects they’re working on or things they care about.
This type of event is blatantly stolen–err, heavily inspired by the noisebridge 5MoF events.
People are encouraged to bring snacks/food/drinks.
- Add Your name to the list on the Wiki to give the talk!
These events happen every first Wednesday of the month at sudo room!
Email email@example.com or the sudo room mailing list to claim a slot for your project. All we need is the title of your presentation and a way to contact you.
10 minutes are allocated to each 5MoF presentation which includes 5 minutes for the presentation, time for questions and time for the next person to get their computer hooked up.
- 7 pm: People shuffle in, snack on food and get settled
- 7:30 pm: 1st 5MoF presentation
- 7:40 pm: 2nd 5MoF presentation
- 7:50 pm: 3rd 5MoF presentation
- 8:00 pm: 10 minute break (announced as a 5 minute break so we actually stay on time)
- 8:10 pm: Three-minute explanation of sudo room and the Omni. Donation hat passed around. New members encouraged to sign up right then and there.
- 8:12 pm: 10x 30 second announcements (no computer hookup allowed, no need to book these in advance)
- 8:20 pm: 4th 5MoF presentation
- 8:30 pm: 5th 5MoF presentation
- 8:40 pm: 6th 5MoF presentation
- 8:50 pm: Announce https://pad.riseup/p/sudoride for letting people ride-share back home.
- 8:51 pm: Social hangouts and tour of omni for new folk.
- 10:00 pm: Cleanup of food, chairs, etc. and moving folks to sudo room for continued hacking/socializing.