we have hacks in a number of categories: hardware, software, and admin. in order to help people collaborate on the appropriate categories at the appropriate times, please reply to this thread or add your name to the list of attendees with the category that you’d like to work on and when you’ll be available (if you’ll only be available during certain parts of the day, sharing your availability will help coordinate everyone who wants to work on hardware for ex.)
here’s the current list of necessary hacks
- Getting a raspi attached to the sudo <=> (common space) door.
- Installing a circuit on both doors that will be able to send signals to their respective raspi’s.
- Move shit and reorganize space.
- Getting the mouse buzzer working
- Creating an API for the door open/closed states
- Whipping up some code for the homepage to interface with the API
- Getting a comprehensive membership list
- prerequisite: hack on different configurations of membership & access (how do we determine who gets personal access to the space, etc.)? …See the “member benefits” section of the articles of association for details.
- (roadblock: Tommy needs access to the bank acct to get a list of dues paying members, no?)
- additional thoughts: what else is needed to improve membership management?
- Improving finance management
- Need to determine areas for improvement in the current finance tracking/management system and areas where responsibility can be shared, etc.
- Review clarifications required with landlords for space.
- Meeting format
- Outreach strategy
- Encouraging regular payment of dues from members
- Updating https://sudoroom.org/wiki/
also, we’ll need food! ^_^