The Internet - Everywhere!Events
Date(s) - 2019/10/29
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Sudo Mesh is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide internet access and promote digital justice across the Bay Area and beyond. We are a group of people living in the bay area who build community-owned wireless networks, share internet connectivity with our neighbors, develop free and open-source software, and distribute laptops to folks who can’t afford them.
Sudo Mesh Work Jams
The first three Tuesdays of the month, Sudo Mesh stewards meet to work on ongoing projects, technical bugs, community and media outreach, finances and budgeting, and upcoming events, such as node mounts, office hours, and workshops. On the last Tuesday of the month we follow a meeting agenda, recap the previous month, and plan for the next month.
- WHEN: 7:30 – 9:00 PM every Tuesday (first three: work jam, last one: planning sesh)
- WHERE: Online! Join our group videochat here: https://meet.jit.si/sudomesh2020
Newcomers are always encouraged to come! Note that there will not be a project overview during the planning meeting on the last Tuesday of the month–instead you will witness the nuts and bolts of collaborative decision-making 🙂
In A Nutshell
Sudo Mesh is made up of several projects:
- People’s Open Network — a group that is building a community-owned and operated wireless network in Oakland, Berkeley, and beyond.
- Disaster Radio — a project to create disaster-resilient communications network powered by the Sun
- Laptops for All — a grassroots endeavor to solicit laptop donations from startups and other organizations across the SF Bay Area and distribute them freely to those who can’t afford them.
We need people of all backgrounds to help with everything from community involvement and grant writing to mounting antennas on buildings and developing software. People of all skills and levels are encouraged to participate!
Learn more at https://peoplesopen.net and http://sudomesh.org