[Mesh] This Week in Mesh!

Somebody somebody at riseup.net
Tue Feb 25 23:08:50 PST 2014

Update: Google just notified me that they are the ones who prevented
the sign-in. I calculate is when I tried via Adium.

(The logging via browser onto gmail was fine.)

Thank you,

D.

On 2/25/14, 10:15 PM, Somebody wrote:
> [...]
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Bylaws> * Tunabananas uploaded
>>> meeting notes from Jan 9th
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/09_January_2014>, Jan 16th
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/16_January_2014>, Jan 23rd
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/23_January_2014>, Jan 30th
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/30_January_2014> & Feb 6th
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/6_February_2014> * Jwentwistle
>>> added to Mesh/Software_tools
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Software_tools> * Chrisjx
>>> updated Mesh/Stickers
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Stickers> * Matt created
>>> Mesh/Design <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Design> and
>>> Tunabananas added to it * Tunabananas created Mesh/Press
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Press> with links to our first
>>> coverage * Tunabananas updated Mesh/Documentation
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Documentation> with recent
>>> articles on mesh networking from major publications *
>>> Lilrambam created Why municipal actors should care about the
>>> mesh
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Why_municipal_actors_should_care_about_the_mesh>
>

>> * Lilrambam created Mesh#Getting municipal actors to support the
>>  mesh
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh#Getting_municipal_actors_to_support_the_mesh>
>

>> * Lilrambam added to Mesh#Social
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh#Social> and Mesh#Background
>>> Research <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh#Background_Research>
>>> * Tunabananas updated Mesh/Presentations
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Presentations> with a link to
>>> the video of our presentation at SFSU and info on the Mass
>>> Effect event * 50.0.83.158 updated Mesh/Other mesh projects
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Other_mesh_projects> w/ links
>>> to Freifunk and Athens Wireless Mesh Network (AWMN) * Juul
>>> created Mesh/Hardware support
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Hardware_support> with info on
>>> routers we want to support * Juul created Mesh/Spectrum mapping
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Spectrum_mapping> with deets on
>>> our system for mapping spectrum using an OLPC XO-1 laptop *
>>> Juul updated Mesh/Naming
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Naming> * Lilrambam and Maxb
>>> both updated Mesh/ToDos <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/ToDos>
>>> * Maxb updated Mesh/Firmware
>>> <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Firmware> with QoS / bandwidth
>>> shaping status and added remote updates to our list of
>>> firmware wants
>
>>> *Events: *
>
>>> * March 1-2 - UX Sprint for Security & Privacy Tools
>>> <https://openitp.org/openitp/ux-sprint-for-security-privacy-tools.html>
>

>> hosted by OpenITP, this weekend
>>> * March 3-5 - RightsCon Silicon Valley
>>> <https://www.rightscon.org/> - a conference at the intersection
>>> of technology and human rights * March 7-11 - SXSW Interactive
>>> <http://sxsw.com/interactive> in Austin, TX
>
>>> *Recommended Reading:*
>
>>> * Scottish company MaidSafe claims to have built a

(Wired) * Ostel.co secure VoIP network partners with Open

>>> http://thevirtualcampfire.org <http://thevirtualcampfire.org/>