As soon as you read this message, please click the link below and
complete the brief survey. You only need to rank 4 options for dates for
the Omni visioning and planning process "Becoming Omni". When you are
done, share this email with your collective, and remind the Omninoms
around you to fill it out too!
Laura and the facilitation working group
We were talking about running Swift tonight but many people can't get a
Here is how you can look at Swift.
it will be open sourced later this year AFAIK.
> at this point if there are people in our community with extra cash, they
> should be throwing it at sudoroom! |
i raised this concern at the sudoroom mtg last night & marc said that the
project would generate more interest in sudoroom.
at any rate, now appears to not be the time to initiate such a project & i
am happy to put it on the back burner until the right time arrives, i.e. we
get tax exempt status.
-paid for through the organization that is Noisebridge- jake
so the first hurdle is sudoroom's tax exempt status.
once we get it, we can setup a separate fund & maybe throw a sudotor
kickoff party in the omni ballroom to raise funds.
thx 4 d inputs
On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 9:17 PM, Patrick O'Doherty <p(a)trickod.com> wrote:
> moving to the sudo-discuss & tor@noisebridge lists
> what I mean by my suggestion is that instead of running one single large
> tor relay in a single AS, the network might benefit most from sudotor
> operating multiple relays from a diverse group of networks, thus adding
> more exit diversity to the network.
> one resource to check out is the exoticvps.com list of VPS providers
> around the world. running a few exit relays in countries where there are
> few if any would be of benefit, instead of running yet another large
> relay in the same network as existing exit nodes.
> > what would an AS relay setup entail?
> > ~r
Last week's meeting recorded here:
This week's meeting recorded for posterity here:
*Sudo Room Meeting 9 Sep 2015*
* Icebreaker: Do you see the fnords?
* marc/juul/he: i _do_ see the fnord. they're everywhere
* robb/he: all the time
* morgan: i do not see them, and i fixed chrome
* lesley/*(gender pronoun is speakers' choice): some fnords I can see, but
most likely not all.
* matt/he: all i see is fjords (fnords).
* jeremy: still don't know what a fnord is
* sigma-remote/they: see a what? This icebreaker makes me uncomfortable
* remote-jnny/she: wut
* Matt finished the flyer for the upcoming Omni rent party where we're
going to try to make the shortfall of funding up ($5000). We're gonna have
a rummage sale and need people to help find stuff in sudo that we can sell
for the sale.
** Sat 9/19 10 am to 8 pm. Live venues in too places. It's gonna be a big
ass blowout. We need volunteers to cook, setup, teardown, etc. etc.
* $2,871.49 in the bank
* Monthly expenses are on the order of $2400/month.
* We should endeavor to have at least $7500 in the bank as reserve
* $400 filing fee for 501c3 application
* Will need to pay rent early this month to ensure Omni can pay rent,
luckily we'll be able to!
* Kyle Mitchell, who's been working on our 501c3 application, has
volunteered to be sudo's official Secretary, one of the 3 roles we have to
fill for our nonprofit status
** Matt previously Secretary, bump to 'President'? (I prefer supreme ruler
of heck hell +1 +1 )
*** Let's ask around for people who can act as officers.
*** Matt would prefer to be neither secretary nor president.
*** Matt will do whatever is necessary to keep the sudo room community
** Marc listed as Treasurer. Does he want to remain so or hand off to Jenny?
Some concerns that it might not be ideal for all the parties (Kyle, sudo
room, the membership, etc). Should hear Kyle out see what he things makes
doing this worth it.
* Manual (also goes by 'Manny') was asked to leave and never return for
repeatedly stealing from sudo room after being repeatedly told not to. May
assert that 'Jake told me I can take e-waste'.
* Draft of message to send all the members:
** Warning to all members:
*** If you see anyone, specifically a person named Manny (or Manual),
removing items from the sudo room, demand that they consult a member of the
sudo room first before doing so. Manny has repeatedly taken usable,
desirable items from sudo room (effectively theft). Manny has been told he
is not welcome at sudo room and he is not welcome to remove any items from
sudo room for any reason.
Do not trust name-dropping, especially if they refer to "Jake" or say "Jake
says it's okay". Demand you see the actual message, or contact the member
directly before letting someone go with items.
* We will put up a big sign saying "get permission from a member before
removing anything from sudo room" that we generate with
* sigma-remote: Worth suggesting to people who are asking individuals to
leave to take a picture as an initial step? If so, maybe including in the
* Send Kyle our bank info for 501c3 filing fee [Jenny]
** Question of what is our bank account number? IFCU lists a generic ICFU
'account number' in addition to routing number and suggests adding a note
listing our individual account #. I see a Member # on our bank statement
but can't find anything specifying an 'account number.' Maybe someone who
set up our Stripe or Paypal knows? With many credit unions, "member number"
= "acount number". Thanks for that tip! Sure, I'm trying ot google 'IFCU'
specifically but am not even finding a definite result.
Ok...well, I can't find anything on their site, but according to
https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/resources-tools/glossary, "member number"
is "the unique number that identifies you as a member of our credit union."
*** Account Number = Member Number -- Matt
* CCCamp talks: https://media.ccc.de/browse/conferences/camp2015/index.html
* Battlemesh talks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxfh-2aOR5hZUjxJLQ2CIHw
* Defcon talks (incomplete?):
Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
"Technology is the campfire around which we tell our stories."
"Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining it."
"To define is to kill. To suggest is to create."
To cover our Omni Commons budget shortfall this month, *WE NEED YOUR HELP!*
*If you can't help with something below, please tell us what you can do to
Francisco and I are hosting a Rent Party for Omni Commons on *Sat 9/19 10am
- 8pm *as a gift from everyone to everyone! This will be concurrent with
the La Commune blow-out sale, as we've coordinated to hold the same times
as well as advertise together.
*Rummage Sale | Bake Sale | Lunch / Dinner | Live Music*
- 10am – Open Rummage Sale + Bake Sale
- 12pm – Open Meal Service
- All day until 8pm – Live Music / Performances
*WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:*
- *Attend our preparatory meeting Sat 9/12 @ 10am at Omni Commons*
- Help cook & serve (Contact: Francisco - francisco(a)tucanvinegars.com)
- Need 4-6 cooking volunteers
- Need 2-4 serving volunteers
- Need 1-2 volunteer hosts
- Food Not Bombs + Phat Beets are going to help resource food, but
could use more help procuring non-perishables and other harder-to-come-by
- Check in with Francisco about the prix fixe menu!
- Help book and host musical acts / performances (Contact: Dragon)
- Connect musicians / bands / performers with us by sending a
description of their act, available times on sat 9/19, and equipment or
- Share your unique talents and entertainment skills with your
- Help set up and break down various acts either (a) in the ballroom
or (b) in La Commune
- Help prepare baked goods for the bake sale (Contact: TBD)
- Or just show up with baked goods by 10am on Sat 9/19!!!
- Help identify, price, arrange, and sell items at the rummage sale
(Contact: Matt - mattsenate(a)gmail.com)
- Find all the items we have throughout Omni Commons that we don't
want or need by 12 midnight on Thurs 9/17!
- All the items on the right-hand-side of the kitchen basement
pantry are going to the sale. (Left-hand-side are for keeps ;)
- Price and arrange all items by 12 midnight on Friday 9/18!
- Help finish drywall & other repairs in the ballroom (Contact: Building
& Maintenance Working Group - building(a)lists.omnicommons.org)
- Or come to the next work party on Sat 9/12 @ 12 noon!
- Help advertise and promote this Rent Party (Contact: Jenny Ryan -
- Advertise online, through social media, etc
- Advertise in-person, through verbalization, etc
In love and solidarity,