what are sudoer's thoughts on scissor lifts, rental vs. purchase..?
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Keenan <dkeenan44(a)gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Subject: scissor lifts
To: "omnilogistics(a)lists.riseup.net" <omnilogistics(a)lists.riseup.net>
Hi all.. um -
Thinking about all we have to do and talking with contractors -
I think we will either have to rent or, maybe, purchase a used scissor lift
for all we have to do.
Looks we can rent for ~400-$700/mo, or buy one for ~$4500-$6000.
Advantage of buying one use is obviously, we keep it as long as we need and
when we are done (if nothing breaks) we just sell it for about what we
bought it for, which will be cheaper than renting.
We have these 'get up high' tasks - some necessary, some potentially
- Ceiling tiles: these are falling off/down, some water damaged - fix,
remove or replace
- Soundproofing (as per a studio engineer I took through the place):
Pexiglass or similar under the skylights, and some sort of
closeable/openable cover for the 2 large pull fans (ie large openings from
which most of the sound escapes into the neighborhood). This will be
necessary for any future cabaret license.. and we need to start renting
- Ceiling tiles & florescents: remove
- New ceiling lighting & eletrical conduit: install
- Pull fans to install in skylight vents
- peeling paint & superficial damage to fix in ceiling (as per CCL's need
- Siding on south wall: fix up and/or or replace damaged / rotting boards
before rainy season (Landlord may pay for some of this)
Potentially necessary everywhere:
- SPRINKLERS aaaaaaahhhhh - this will make it far less expensive / scary an
investment. If we bought a used lift, we could start installing it room by
room and take our time.
- Fixing any elctrical, gas or plumbing pipe high up that is hard to reach
An added possible benefit marc brought up - if we kept it - this would aid
greatly in Mesh installs around oakland.. maybe mesh could help out with
the purchase, and it could be taken on field trips..? Mesh - what say you..?
Show replies by date